Saffron is known as Kesar. The threadlike part of Kesar flower is used for many health and medicinal purposes. Kesar is one of the most expensive spices in the world as the maximum of its processing work is done through a hand. Saffron is very expensive spice because of its different flavor, health as well as curative properties. Saffron is usually grown-up in Iran, Turkey, Greece, France, Italy and Jammu & Kashmir of India.
1. Saffron for hair loss: The application of Kesar over the scalp is good in treating of hair loss. The mix of saffron and milk when applied over the scalp is superior in prevention of hair loss and hair growth. The application is also supportive in motivating of hair growth.
2. Saffron for radiant skin: Saffron is highly valuable for radiant skin. It is optional that one should make a face pack mixing of saffron (2 to 3 threads), milk (3 tablespoons) and sandalwood powder (1 tablespoon). Apply the paste on your face, manipulate gently and left it for 20 minutes followed by washing with clean water. It should be done once in the week to have smooth as well as glow face.
3. Saffron for glowing skin: Take 4-5 threads of saffron and soaked it into the water for 3-4 hours. Now, use this mix over your face and massage gently. Wash it after 5 minutes. The process may be repeated twice a week for fairer skin.
4. Saffron good for pimples: Make a paste of Kesar (10 threads) and basil leaves (6-7 leaves). Apply the paste to your face and wash the same after 15 minutes. This application is good quality in the prevention of acne, blemishes, pimples, wrinkles and other black spots.
5. Saffron as anti-oxidants: Saffron is having lots of antioxidants that are beneficial in contending of free radicals so helps in prevention of diseases as well as the promotion of health.
6. Saffron for blood pressure: The Kesar spice contains many minerals, for instance, calcium, manganese, iron, magnesium, zinc as well as selenium. Some of these are obliging in controlling blood pressure and in the configuration of hemoglobin.
7. Saffron as stress buster: The presence of carotenoids is obliging in boosting the intensity of conflict and reduces oxidant-induced stress.
8. Saffron as antidepressant: Kesar contains safranal and alfa-crocin, a volatile oil compound, effective in controlling depression and acts like as anticonvulsant. Kesar brings happiness and knowledge to the body.