Dry scalp is the result of latent and/or underactive oil in the scalp that is not able of producing the essential amount of natural oil in your skin. Some of the general causes for it are:
- long-lasting use of unsympathetic shampoos that have a lot of chemical content in them
- Fungal infection
- Overexposure to hard water
- Lack of nutrient in the body due to improper diet
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions
- Neglect of hair care, counting unhealthy beauty habits, lack of oiling, and conditioning treatments
1.Hot Oil Massage
A hot oil massage is a best and most successful way to refurbish lost moisture and treat a dry scalp. Massaging with oil support the natural production of oil, get better blood circulation to the hair follicles as well as scalp and provides necessary nutrients to the scalp. This remedy to help reduce itchiness and swelling.
When massaging, use coconut oil or olive oil for finest results.
- Warm 2 to 3 spoons of coconut oil.
- Use the hot oil to massage your whole scalp.
- Cover your hair with a towel and leave it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Wash the oil from your hair, then shampoo as usual.
- An oil massage once or twice a week to keep your scalp free from itchiness as well as dryness.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is another very effective home remedy for a dry scalp. As Aloe Vera is a great skin moisturizer, you can use it to get help from a prickly scalp as well.
- Extract pure Aloe Vera gel.
- Apply the gel to your scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Wash your hair with your mild shampoo.
- Repeat this cure 2 times a week.
Honey is also a good remedy for a dry and prickly scalp. The properties of honey can aid destroy any harmful bacteria present on your scalp and trim down the risk of infection.
- Dilute raw honey with some warm water in the ratio of 4:1. Massage the solution into your scalp for 2 to 3 minutes. Cover your head with a warm towel as well as leave it on for 2 hours. Shampoo your hair as usual. Use this solution twice a week.
- Alternatively, mix a half cup of warm olive oil and 2 teaspoons of honey. Apply this to your scalp as well as massage gently. Allow it to sit for about 10 minutes, and then shampoo your hair as usual. Use this solution 2 or 3 times a week.
Yogurt also works as a great solution for a dry scalp. It has antibacterial as well as antifungal properties that help keep your scalp clean as well as free from infections.
It also makes your hair soft, smooth as well as shiny.
- Apply plain yogurt to your scalp and massage thoroughly for 5 to 10 minutes. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Use this solution 2 times a week.
- Alternatively, mix together the half cup of yogurt and 3 tablespoons of ground fenugreek seeds. Apply this combination to your scalp as well as hair. Wait 1 hour, and then wash it out with a mild shampoo. Repeat this solution once a week.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an outstanding treatment for a dry or prickly scalp. It helps cleanse the scalp as well as hair, eliminating accumulate product remains and restore the pH of your hair.
- Mix half cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water.
- Spray this remedy on your scalp.
- Cover your head with a cloth.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as normal.
- Repeat this solution two times a week.
Bananas are very healthful and moisturizing for a dry scalp. They can successfully reduce the crumble, inflammation, and dryness of the scalp.
- Mash a ripe banana and apply it all over your scalp. Leave it in for at least 40 minutes, and then wash it out with cold water. Repeat this treatment once a week.
- Instead, mix 1 ripe banana, 2 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of almond oil. Apply this hair mask carefully on your scalp and hair. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes, then wash it out well with warm water. Use this solution one time a week.